Monday, May 5, 2008

On the road

I am officially on the interview trail. Must tell you it is SO much better this time around! They had a limo waiting for me at the airport, then delivered me to the hotel where I was given a suite. A suite! As I stretched out on the king sized bed with the high thread count sheets I called my husband. In remembrance of the difficult interview tours for residency and fellowship. Where I had to pay for every flight and hotel. I think I am still paying.... the cost was tagged onto my student loans... which are no where close to being paid off.

True there were some exciting adventures.... teaming up with a perfect stranger to drive 6 hours from interview A to interview B, then sleeping on no-longer-strangers couch a few day later for interview C. Being snowed in at Raleigh-Durham, forced to stay extra night at a shabby Motel 6, sick with fever and rigors. What misery! No story quite like Dr. G's (my OB/gyne). She came upon a laboring woman at the airport, and delivered the baby into her interview suit coat.

So I am keeping my mind open and hopes up to find the right place.

No comments: