Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cortisone--left hip

Last year I was a triathlete. Standing on a podium I received a medal. With my training I was often surprised to find what I could actually do. It peeled away in layers. No running. No biking. No walking. No swimming. At first I asked what exercise, stretch could I do to recover. Now I ask what can I do to prevent surgery. There is no easy way back from here. Three months away from work to recover from hip re constructive surgery. I sought an ortho consultation, he circled a piece of my bone that shouldn't be there. Deformed hips- present all of my life. Do I ask how could this happen to me? Or do I rejoice for the 33 active years I enjoyed. Orthopedic surgery was the ONLY rotation I hated in med school. Funny. Something about the bone saw- never set well with me. PM&R seemed like a silly specialty when selecting a career. Now I go to see one, for a cortisone shot, for a cure.

No comments: