Saturday, October 27, 2007

Count down


Five days until my exam. Let me tell you I had a freak out Friday about Posterior Hemiblocks. What a pain in the ass. Determining the frontal axis on a 12-lead EKG, arhghh! Good thing no one ever dies of an isolated left posterior fasicular block.

Speaking of pain in the ass I woke up with one this morning- literally. So my hip is still there, my blissful denial is also coming to an end. My people are waiting in the wings, ready to plan my convalescence. I am fortunate to be surrounded with support.

Also boycotting Halloween this year. Last year October 31st was circled on my calendar. It was my first pre-natal exam. Me and my humongous boobs dressed up as a sultry pirate. The real fright came when the ultrasound was not normal. Later the bloodbath followed by a haunting. But that was a year ago. I'm just really glad that last year we decided against buying that cute 12 month pumpkin costume off the sale rack.

I am aware of the absence. Absence of excitement and optimism. Yet surprised by the steadfast pleasure in my life- despite the pain, disappointment, physical inactivity and (prolonged) delayed gratification. I think I owe that to the wing people.

No comments: