Sunday, April 27, 2008

In the District

This weekend an exciting trip to Our Nation's Capitol- where I will participate in the American Heart Association Lobby Day.

My brother (JkC) lives in DC, and works as a lobbiest for a National Health Care Organization. Saturday was near perfect. We headed to Chinatown and had a fabulous brunch al fresco.






Then an adventure at the Spy Museum, where we participated in Operation Spy. JkC and I, along with 8 strangers investigated, decoded, interrogated and cracked the case- saving the world from nuclear annihilation. Highpoints- when I found the secret door to enter the exhibit, as we quickly became better acquainted with stranger teammates as we dove left and right (twister style) in attempt to escape the path of search lights. Near miss- crouching down to evade capture then realizing I was in complete darkness with nothing to pull my self up with (quads just aren't as strong since they were detached at their insertion).








Then drive out of the district the in in-laws house. There we had a delicious dinner and relaxing evening. My friend at work commented that it was weird to visit in-laws without your spouse. My response- well you will think it is REALLY weird then that I am brining my brother! How lucky I am to be so close to my brother- we really enjoy each other. Wondering how this came to be- is it because we were forced to do chores together, "Mom why does he always get the easy part!" or struggled to share a bathroom, "I can't believe my brother takes longer to get ready than I do!" My little brother turned out to be a really fun and interesting person- and now that he no longer fears me pinning him down to tickle him (he is now much taller and stronger) he feels much more comfortable around me too.

1 comment:

KC said...

Hope your trip to DC was a good one. We still haven't made it out to the spy museum yet. We're bad DC people.