Tuesday, February 5, 2008

POD#20


My husband left town for the week and his mother arrived to stay with me. She is practical, has a relaxed nature and believes in everything in its place (all compliments). She makes hot chocolate with frothed milk and brought a stack of books for me to read. She is the wife of a physician, and I wonder if this has anything to do with the chemistry we seem to have. As a computer tech-y she arranged our wireless so that I can print in the den from my laptop anywhere. Pretty cool. She listens to my observations on life and emotional analysis with eager interest. As a breast cancer survivor and post knee replacement she has an interesting perspective on healing and recovery.

My wound is better. We went to see the doctor yesterday, mainly for peace of mind. Bottom line it will be fine, the antibiotics are working. This is a good thing.

I can do all of my prescribed PT exercises with ease. It feels like my hip is functioning at 30%. My Millenial Crutches are well worth the money- and they are red, which kicks ass. My elevated commode has indeed come in handy. I purchased 6 pairs of TED hose (compression stockings) on ebay. This adds to the two pairs issued to me in the hospital. Netflix has been great, movies come in the mail almost every day. I burned up my first CPM machine, and am at this moment strapped into my second.

Three weeks have passed quickly. I expected to feel frustrated with the convalescence, but feel peace instead.

No comments: