Friday, January 18, 2008

The other side


I emerge with two eventful days behind me. A couch-on-stilts project is going on in the next room. My husband and mom are elevating the couch on cinder blocks, which with a memory foam mattress will make that piece of furniture comply with my hip restrictions.

So my bed will be my cocoon. I just woke from a nap- surprising how much you can enjoy just lying and resting. They delivered my Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) Machine this morning. It keeps my hip moving, and I will need to use it 6-8 hours a day. I really like it, it feels great so no complaints from me. For Christmas my husband found an electric throw blanket, which keeps me very toasty- hence the cocoon.

The Labradoodle is on watch. He patrols the house observing the increased level of activity with much curiosity. I woke in the middle of the night- and whimpered a little forgetting that I was post-op and bandaged. Smokey was up at at my side immediately. Very cute.

So here we are, the patient, husband, mom and puppy all adjusting to the new life of recovery. I have no pain. Amazing really. Sleep feels so good rest will be my main occupation for a while.

No comments: