Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Results not yet available


Cardiovascular board certification exam. October 31, 2007. Results not yet available. What the heck is up?!?!! Admittedly I have been checking the ABIM website frequently. I am really scared that I did not pass. My life has made unexpected turns, disappointment over this test seems entirely plausible. I would be crushed. Practicing cardiology means so much to me. Or should I say being a cardiologist. Seems slightly absurd writing this as I wait (at 930 PM) for the centrifuge to finish spinning my cells so that I may suck off the serum and wash them with PBS (phosphate buffered saline). Seriously I could teach a 10 year old to do this. The big mystery and wonder of discovery is locked up in the PIs office. A delightful place where questions are met with a patient instructive tone holding slight condescension. Redirection sending me back to the bench where the process of wild guesses and repeated failure is not doing it for me. I am not a post-doc. I am not a graduate student. I am not a molecular biologist. I am a physician who has been training for 8 years since med school. I want to be a leader in academics, in cardiology. I want to learn and gain these skills- but am so tired of working days and nights for years and years, and after all of this time feel like I suck. Perhaps the drug induced coma or forced convalescence will bring some clarity.

No comments: