Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Beware the testosterone is climbing....

I boycotted fertility meds in April and joined Prozac nation. Metformin for insulin resistance, they told me my anovulation was because of PCOS. Colomid to ovulate- it didn't work the first time (no ovulation but plenty of hormone craziness). Daily temperatures- waiting for the thermometer to beep before climbing out of bed. Not to mention (the unmentionable) pressure for baby making within a 18 hour window. It should be more fun that this!

My lab tests showed triple the amount of testosterone for a woman my age and size. Here I thought all of my interesting qualities (athletic ability, intensity, interest in cardiology- a male dominated field) were uniquely me. So I have been jacked up on male hormone all along. No wonder I couldn't figure out how to play with dolls or make the cheerleading squad in junior high.

As a new member of Prozac nation I wonder if I should have joined years ago. Certainly less crying and moping. Less anxiety for sure. I can feel despair being replaced by anger. It this a modified grieving process- and I am working the stages? Or perhaps it is just the testosterone again..... my old friend.

No comments: