Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Just the facts

Xray and MRI images of my hip show: femoral neck deformity, labral tear, and possible poor lateral coverage/dysplasia

Dr. Wash U said that surgery would be recommended unless I am pain free

Dr. Mayo said at this point I am unlikely to improve with conservative therapy

I have pain daily. It is better with less activity, but consistently have discomfort when walking more than 5 min


Plan of action:
1. Study and take my Cardiology Boards October 31st
2. Do PT exercises at 100%, swim and elliptical as tolerated
3. Request AP pelvic film to determine degree of dysplasia
4. Make appointment to see Clohisy in late Sept, early October
5. Accept I will not have a baby in 2007, grieve as necessary
6. Discuss with PI plan to complete this project
7. Explore career options, translational research vs. clinical track

No comments: